I manage the Mission Team and the flight strategy. With my team, we plan, brief and support the flights. We centralize all the data and decide, together with the pilot, the key flight details: departure date, choice of route, flight profile, and we react to any changes. It is my job, together with the entire Mission Team, to provide Bertrand and André with an optimal support to get them safely to their destination.
"Failure is not an option" (Geen Kranz)
- Date of Birth: 17.11.1949
- Nationality: Swiss
- Languages spoken: French, English, German
- Solar Impulse Job Title: Mission Director
- Since 2010: Solar Impulse Mission Director, leader of 2011 European Flights, 2012 Destination Morocco Flights and 2013 Across America Flights.
- 2005-2010: MD-11 Captain for Air Namibia, later Captain on Gulfstream V worldwide.
- 1972-2002: Airline Pilot by Swissair, DC-9, DC-10, MD-80 & MD-11 Pilot In Command
- 1970-1999: Swiss Airforce pilot, Captain, I flew mainly on Hawker Hunter and PC-7
#LEADERSHIP #FLIGHTHOURS #COMMITMENT
SHARE Raymond Clerc'S PROFILE