CONFIGURATION & STRUCTURE
I am responsible for the conceptual design and the aerodynamics of the airplane HB-SIA and HB-SIB. Additionally, I am Senior consultant to the design and analysis team.
"I am interested in the fundamental of things. Curiosity and the wish to understand the physical secrets enable me to bring new ideas in a functioning technical shape and to expand actual limits."
- Date of Birth: 11.08.1954
- Nationality: Swiss
- Languages spoken: French, English, German
- Solar Impulse Job Title: Head of Conceptual Design, Aerodynamics, Performance and System Safety Assessment
- Since 1986: independent engineer. Technical concepts, conceptual design, applied aerodynamics, loads and structural analysis and detail stressing for various projects and companies in air and space technology and auto mobile design.
- 1985 with the company Bucher Leichtbau, Fällanden. Structural analysis of airliner galleys, write interface load reports.
- 1980–1984: assistant at the ETH institute for light weight and flight vehicle structures. Design and analysis of a light canard configured motor glider. Supervise semester tasks and thesis of students.
- 1979: graduated from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zürich (ETH) in mechanical engineering with specialization fluid dynamics and analysis of light weight and flight vehicle structures
- 1975–2000: Fighter pilot (Miliz) in the Swiss Airforce
#DESIGN #AERODYNAMICS #ANALYSIS
SHARE Peter Frei'S PROFILE